Monday, November 24, 2014

Crystal Collier Tagged Me and She Said I Might Not Get Any Cheese If I Decide Not To Play Along. So I Answer That Tag! YEAH!

Is that the longest blog post title you've ever seen?



Crystal Collier tagged me in the Seven Deadly Sins. Pretty simple really. I answer the questions, I get some cheese and chocolate. I won't eat them together. That might make me sick. 

Here we go:

Greed – What is your most inexpensive book? Well, let me see. We don't have the best library around. A lot of older books. I try to buy books at lower prices. Not because I'm cheap, but because books cost a lot of money. So I buy a lot of Kindle books and I have Amazon Prime. So it's really hard to say. But it's probably a picture book I bought on Kindle titled Oh Dear Said the Deer. I did buy an anthology I'm in titled How I Found The Write Path. It was free. It's also EXCELLENT! Do you have your copy? WHAT A DEAL! I forgot about that.

Wrath – Who’s the author with whom you have a love/hate relationship? It would have to be Jay Asher. I love his writing. I loved and I hated his debut book Thirteen Reasons Why. It made me cry, it made me throw the book across the room. Yet I had to finish it. I couldn't let it just sit there all unread and stuff. After reading it, I thought a lot about the story. Day after day. 

Gluttony – What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame? I know a lot of folks know the answer to this. Black Beauty. I read it once every year. I have since I first read it as a child. It will always be my favorite book. Part of the reason is because it was the first novel I ever read. Another reason is because it's just such a DANG WELL WRITTEN STORY. I still cry when I read it. 

Sloth – Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness? Hmm. I'm not lazy. Nupe. But I have a ton of books on my TBR pile. It's kinda like Thanksgiving dinner. When you go back that fifth time and fill your plate again. Your eyes are bigger than your stomach. That's the book thing with me. 

Pride – What books do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader? Probably Shakespeare while trying to look like I know what I'm talking about in homeschool. 

Lust – What attributes do you find attractive in a male or female character? I love strength in a female character that shows young girls about being capable and independent. So very important. i would like to think I write strong female characters.

Envy – What book would you most like to receive as a gift? That's hard to answer. There are so many books. And so very little time. But I will narrow it down to picture books, poetry books, and novels. 

I can tag as many people as I want, so I tag any of you who want to carry on the Seven Deadly Sins tag. 

Thanks for reading. :-) This will be my last post before Thanksgiving. I just want to wish all my American friends a very happy Thanksgiving. And the rest of my friends a very happy end of November. Be safe.

Next Monday I am writing a post on how I wrote ninety thousand words in twenty days for NaNoWriMo. That's two novels, folks. 

December 3rd I'll be sharing literary agent Jill Corcoran and the Plot Whisperer Martha Alderson's new venture A Path To Publishing

22 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn .. can quite understand you answering the questions .. I couldn't do without cheese, chocolate perhaps - except when the desire arises ..and craving sets in.

    Books ... I don't think I've ever read Black Beauty - I know I need to up my game - better retire to library sometime soon and rectify that! Love books ... all books ... just like you ..

    Have a good Thanksgiving week and happy family time - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tagged Crystal in this hop!
    Great answers Robyn!
    How I Found The Right Path is a one-of-a-kind collection. I REALLY enjoyed it.
    You know, I can't remember Black Beauty...must have read it DECADES ago! LOL
    For the Envy answer, I'd love it if some kind and generous soul could buy me the entire Dr. Seuss collection (does it exist as a collection...? not sure)
    Keep well my friend!
    *waving peace sign from across the globe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard questions, and great answers. I love books like you too. I never get through my TBR list.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Hil. Books. LOVE to write them and read them. Thank you for the happy family time and Happy Thanksgiving wishes. xoxo Please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, hey lady! So good to see you. SO, you were a tagger. I must look for your answers. Dr. Seuss collection? YES. There is such a thing. We have almost all of his books. But would love to have the collection for ME (not the kidlets).

    The Write Path is such a good deal, isn't it? ;-)

    You have NOT read Black Beauty? *GASP* You must read it. She actually wrote it to help vets and horse owners. She didn't know it was a novel and would become one of he most widely read books ever. It is told from Black Beauty's POV. Stay safe. Hugs and smooches from NC. *waving peace sign back atcha* xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, hey lady! So good to see you. SO, you were a tagger. I must look for your answers. Dr. Seuss collection? YES. There is such a thing. We have almost all of his books. But would love to have the collection for ME (not the kidlets).

    The Write Path is such a good deal, isn't it? ;-)

    You have NOT read Black Beauty? *GASP* You must read it. She actually wrote it to help vets and horse owners. She didn't know it was a novel and would become one of he most widely read books ever. It is told from Black Beauty's POV. Stay safe. Hugs and smooches from NC. *waving peace sign back atcha* xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Natalie, books are the best. They take us to places and worlds where we might never otherwise go. Maybe we can make a dent in our TBR piles in a couple of years. Ha. My friend, I'll be thinking of you on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. You rock the literary world, Robyn. Here's your cheese...separated from the chocolate. You make me want to go reread Black Beauty and share it with my kids. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to filling my book plate too full...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal, you MUST, my friend. It was written in the POV of Black Beauty. She never knew she was writing one of the most fantastically written novels in the world. She thought she was writing advice to veterinarians and horse owners. Isn't that something? Reread and share, woman! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex, exactly. My book plate is way too full.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your answers! I always love finding out more about my writing buddies. *mwah*!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa, I know. I love that too. SMOOCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fun twist on the typical blog tags. I have to say, I've never read Black Beauty either. Maybe I'll commit to that in the New Year. I find it so hard to get to fiction! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that your back and muscles are nice to you tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Mare,

    I was going to stop by and see you later. You beat me. Gosh, family coming in. We've had to scrub the house and farm which now looks all shiny and glittery. Back has been good until last night. OUCH! Today it hurts like the dickens. How about you? How is that back and the leg/foot injury? I have been thinking of you and wondering how you would manage Thanksgiving.

    ACK! All these people who have NEVER read Black Beauty. GAH! The BEST book ever written. She wrote it for vets and horse owners. She never planned for it to be a novel. It's in Black Beauty's POV. YOU MUST COMMIT!! YOU MUST, MARE!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great answers! Have a donut! Or two. Or more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing this tag around so I can discover books. I haven't read Black Beauty yet. I've read so much Shakespeare, mainly during my college years.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erik, *nom* *nom* *GULP* Say huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Medeia, YOU MUST read Black Beauty. I cannot believe all these writers who haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun to read your answers. I love Black Beauty- but haven't reread it in ages. Might be time for a reread soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)