Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thank you, thank you to everyone for such a GREAT turnout yesterday making Tess's first blog interview extra fun, fun, fun! I will say that Tess and I had a great time with it. I got to know her and believe me she is a wonderful person. But I don't have to tell anyone that. I will announce the winner in a bit. :)

Has anyone used the NEW Dragon NaturallySpeaking software? You simply install it on your computer, and you can speak your story while driving, or doing the numerous tasks that we all do in a day without sitting in front of your computer or laptop. It is much smaller and easier to use than the older version. I know a writer who is using it and she says it is amazingly accurate. It comes with a headset too.

She wrote several emails with it and even updated her facebook. My question is this. Is there a way to import sound files? And then have them transferred into text?

It seems to me that this is something moi needs when traveling to and from the many hospitals and doctor offices that I have to go to.

I guess many of us could use this handy device. Cost? $45.00, including the headset off Amazon. Not bad, huh? This will definitely make life a little easier for a lot of writers I know. :) Have a fantastic day.

9 comments:

  1. really? only $45? that seems too easy...there has to be more to it, no? Definitely worth checking out!

    And, thanks again Robyn and friends who visited. Very fun yesterday. I'll wait to hear from the winner ... e mail me at tesshilmo(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old version of Dragon Naturally Speaking. It was ok. I may have to, at some point, invest in the new software. It definitely would come in handy when I'm on a roll. I definitely speak faster than I write. It's a genetic thing, I come by it naturally, and . . . see, if I was talking, that would all have been said in one breath without me even blinking an eye! : )

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, Yep. That's all. When I went to amazon it checked out too.

    Yesterday was so much fun! It turned into quite the P-A-R-T-Y! :)

    Scott, Man without you blinking an eye? Whoa! You definitely need this new updated version. I think I talk faster than I write too. See how much writing, er, talking you could get done? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used one before...maybe I should look into it. I could definitely use that time driving in a more productive manner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I know. Think of all the writing you could get done just driving to and from work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview with Tess yesterday! And that software sounds really cool! I may totally look into that. I have to go searching for that software that reads your book back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BJ, thank you. I was a very good day. Oh BJ, I want that software too. Have you ever heard of Microsoft Annie or something like that? That's what I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm going to have to look into that. I could really use it when I'm waiting in the car lines at school. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan, It's supposed to be way better than the older version. It could come in very handy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)