I was tagged by Tricia over thar at Talespinning.
1) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?
I recently finished my MG novel, Seventy Two Hours. I did a book trailer for it too. Now it’s time to REALLY query. January 4th. Dum dum dum dum...
There was a time when I thought I could write songs. I still have the first one. Uh, and we won’t go there.
2) Write poetry?
I dibble dabble. :)
4)Favorite genre of writing?
Adventure! Is there another genre?
5)Most annoying character you've ever created?
I’d have to say it is a character in my WIP. Annoying but deliciously fun.
6) Best plot you've ever created?
Probably the plot for Seventy Two Hours. It’s WICKED!
7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?
One I’m writing now.
8) How often do you get writer's block?
9) Write fan fiction?
10) Do you type or write by hand?
Write by hand? You’re kidding right? People still do that sort of thing??
11) Do you save everything you write?
Doesn’t every writer save their GENIUS?
12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?
Dunno. I never abandon my sweeties.
13)What's your favorite thing you've ever written?
Everything I’ve ever written.
14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?
Chester the Rabbit. (Eh Beth?)
15)Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?
Outside. There’s so much room for so many things to happen. I mean! Look at all that space.
17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?
A novel, two picture books, a chapter book, and the next Harry Potter. Ahahahaha
18)Have you ever won an award for your writing?
19) What are your five favorite words?
The agent loves you baby!
20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?
Um, hmm, um…
21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?
22)Do you ever write based on your dreams?
What’s a dream? This writer sleeps so soundly on her NEW Tempur-pedic. she doesn't even have dreams. *fist pump*
23) Do you favor happy endings?
Only when I’m in my ‘happy’ place.
24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
25) Does music help you write?
I need QUIET!
26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.
Anna turned on the flashlight and walked over to the horses and rubbed both of them. They whickered at her. She knew they were hungry too. Hunger would come, Anna thought. Who was she kidding, it had already come. Anna rubbed her stomach. She had forgotten about the hunger until now. They had been so busy since becoming lost she hadn’t had time to think about eating something. Anything. Her stomach yelled for food. Anna had thought that she’d felt hunger before. After school every day she always had to have a snack. But it had never been like this. A loud, deafening kind of feeling, if feelings can be like that. It seemed so crashing that it almost became a sound, the sound of hunger. “Claire, do you feel the hunger pains?”
Yeah! That just popped right into my head.
And now the time has come to pass the torch. (I’ve always wanted to say that.)
Susan Mills over thar at A Walk In My Shoes.
Shannon over thar at Book Dreaming.
Jill over thar at Jill Kemerer.