Friday, December 18, 2009

My pal tagged me!

I was tagged by Tricia over thar at Talespinning.

1) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?

I recently finished my MG novel, Seventy Two Hours. I did a book trailer for it too. Now it’s time to REALLY query. January 4th. Dum dum dum dum...

There was a time when I thought I could write songs. I still have the first one. Uh, and we won’t go there.

2) Write poetry?

I dibble dabble. :)

3)Angsty poetry?

Say what????

4)Favorite genre of writing?

Adventure! Is there another genre?

5)Most annoying character you've ever created?

I’d have to say it is a character in my WIP. Annoying but deliciously fun.

6) Best plot you've ever created?

Probably the plot for Seventy Two Hours. It’s WICKED!

7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?

One I’m writing now.

8) How often do you get writer's block?

Nevah.

9) Write fan fiction?

Say huh?.

10) Do you type or write by hand?

Write by hand? You’re kidding right? People still do that sort of thing??

11) Do you save everything you write?

Doesn’t every writer save their GENIUS?

12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?

Dunno. I never abandon my sweeties.

13)What's your favorite thing you've ever written?

Everything I’ve ever written.

14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?

Chester the Rabbit. (Eh Beth?)

15)Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?


Say what?

16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?

Outside. There’s so much room for so many things to happen. I mean! Look at all that space.

17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?

A novel, two picture books, a chapter book, and the next Harry Potter. Ahahahaha

18)Have you ever won an award for your writing?


Waaaaaaaaaa

19) What are your five favorite words?

The agent loves you baby!

20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?

Um, hmm, um…

21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?

From life.

22)Do you ever write based on your dreams?


What’s a dream? This writer sleeps so soundly on her NEW Tempur-pedic. she doesn't even have dreams. *fist pump*

23) Do you favor happy endings?

Only when I’m in my ‘happy’ place.

24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
PSHAW!


25) Does music help you write?

I need QUIET!

26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.

Anna turned on the flashlight and walked over to the horses and rubbed both of them. They whickered at her. She knew they were hungry too. Hunger would come, Anna thought. Who was she kidding, it had already come. Anna rubbed her stomach. She had forgotten about the hunger until now. They had been so busy since becoming lost she hadn’t had time to think about eating something. Anything. Her stomach yelled for food. Anna had thought that she’d felt hunger before. After school every day she always had to have a snack. But it had never been like this. A loud, deafening kind of feeling, if feelings can be like that. It seemed so crashing that it almost became a sound, the sound of hunger. “Claire, do you feel the hunger pains?”

Yeah! That just popped right into my head.

And now the time has come to pass the torch. (I’ve always wanted to say that.)


Susan Mills over thar at A Walk In My Shoes.

Shannon over thar at Book Dreaming.

Jill over thar at Jill Kemerer.

:) :)

21 comments:

  1. Your personality shines through your answers - I love it! My favorites are definitely #19 and #22!

    Thanks for your comments at Book Dreaming. And the tag? Um, yeah sure, I guess... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers! How exciting to be ready to query!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, thanks and uh, yeah, the tag. Get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. deliciously fun. That's a great description! I liked your answers, and the excerpt too. I've always wanted to read your writing, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! I love all you answers- Waaaaaaaa!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Davin, thanks Davin. And it is deliciously fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamika, have a great weekend too. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! Love reading these Q&As popping up on blogs! It's fun to learn more about everybody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Nice to learn more about you:) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, Thanks girl. It was fun to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't EVER get writers block?

    that's amazing. fun meme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! You are so funny. Your answers make me smile. And that special agent? Gonna love you!

    I hope you and your family and horses have a most excellent holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Tricia. I really hope the same for you, you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun knowing more about you!!! I SOOO enjoy your posts, both at my place and yours!

    Patti
    www.pattilacy.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patti, I love knowing you too. And love your visits over here. And feel so welcome over at your place. Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear. I get writer's block all the time. And I only write by long hand, with a pencil. I blog on computer but my writing proper I have to use a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this on another blog too. I think it's the first 'writing' meme I've seen!

    You're quite the multi tasker--I can only do one at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! Your personality def. shine through in these answers--an an adventure MG?! You should have TONS of requests!

    Good luck with the querying, I'm in the same process myself! =D Hit me up if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)