Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Lenny Lee Day and Welcome to the Lenny Lee Fest. The best blogfest EVAH



I am joining some other writers in spreading Lenny Lee sunshine. The following is a story I wrote for my friend Lenny Lee. I hope he enjoys it. He's the BEST! He's so COOL I want everyone to hop over to his blog right after this and check it out. Here's the link:  Lenny's World


         Super Lenny and Rocky (Lenny’s Rad, Rockin’ Raccoon)
      Super Lenny stared at his sidekick waiting on an answer.

      Rocky (Lenny’s Rad Rockin’ Raccoon) counted that Lenny had eaten five lemon tarts and topped them off with three Reese cups.
       Lenny rolled his eyes. “I couldn’t have eaten that much.” He exhaled and fell back onto the kitchen floor. “What will happen if someone needs us?”

       Rocky thrust out his hand to pull Super Lenny up.

       “I am afraid you did eat that much. I counted.” He shoved his calculator into Super Lenny’s view. Rocky couldn’t count and he always held his calculator in case of an emergency. “If we get an urgent call, you’ll be okay. You are Super Lenny, after all.”

        Super Lenny and Rocky were always on duty. At any moment they might have to go to the ends of the earth to bring sunshine into someone’s life. Super Lenny had the gift.

         Super Lenny pulled the curtain back and looked through the window. The sun had disappeared behind the mountain. 
         “It’s getting late,” Rocky said. He put his hand over the knob and pulled the door closed.

         Super Lenny watched as Rocky climbed his favorite tree. He wondered why Rocky insisted on sleeping in a tree. He would never understand that. He’d tried to do it one night. It made his back hurt, because he rolled over and fell to the ground. OUCH! Super Lenny rubbed his back as he recalled that night.

         He shoved his hands into his pockets, turned the telephone ringer to high setting and headed off to bed. His nice soft bed.

          A loud ringing in Super Lenny’s ears woke him up. It must be a call for sunshine, he thought. Super Lenny looked at the number as Rocky (Lenny’s Rad, Rockin’ Raccoon) raced in through the door. Rocky was so rad, he had a connection to the phone in his tree and man was he ever fast! 

            “Looks like it’s from North Carolina, someone named Robyn Campbell,” Super Lenny said. He pulled off his comfy jammies. (Super Lenny slept with his clothes under his jammies. He had to. It saved time. Rocky didn’t have these worries, since he didn’t wear clothes.)

            Super Lenny and Rocky (Lenny’s Rad, Rockin’ Raccoon) hopped into the Lenny mobile. That kickin’, solar powered super car just happened to travel faster than the wind.  Of course, he drove responsibly. Flying when there were other cars on the road.

            “Set it for North Carolina,” Super Lenny said. He pulled down his shades, because the blast from the liftoff was too much for his eyes and they flew off through the wisp of clouds that appear so delicate when looking at them from the ground. But Super Lenny knew these clouds were strong and hardy. He was always stunned at their beauty.
            Super Lenny and Rocky arrived at Robyn’s house five minutes later.

            Super Lenny and Rocky (Lenny’s Rad, Rockin’ Raccoon) brought sunshine to Robyn. So much sunshine that it looked like daytime in the dead of night. They laughed together, talked about animals and rode horses. They ate strawberry shortcake and topped it off with apple pie and vanilla ice cream. She promised to keep in touch and made Super Lenny promise to blog as much as he could. They waved goodbye as Super Lenny and Rocky (Lenny’s Rad, Rockin’ Raccoon) flew off feeling good, because they created sunshine for their friend. 

Thank you Lenny. For always bringing me sunshine and laughter. I love you tons and tons!  (^_^)  XOXOXOXO


34 comments:

  1. I love the paragraph about the clothes. Super Lenny! What a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn .. great story .. I can see it all happen .. and then flight to find you - let the sunshine in .. and Lenny apears .. Glad he's got Rad, his Rockin Racoon, looking out for him - a boy needs that .. keeps him grounded .. and ensures the sunshine reaches where it's needed.

    Cheers and have a great weekend .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Lenny will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Lenny!! :)

    Have a sunshiny, happy weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Robyn, I really love this!! There's a sweet simplicity to it that speaks volumes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome story! Now I want a Raccoon sidekick.

    Hi Lenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great story, perfect for Lenny with his raccoon friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "He pulled down his shades, because the blast from the liftoff was too much for his eyes..." Ha! I should have known you'd find a way to slip in the shades!

    This is absolutely adorable, bff. I laughed aloud several times!! Lenny is going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

    P.S. I read it to my Scott and he loved it, too! (esp. the part about Super Lenny wearing his clothes under his jammies)

    ReplyDelete
  9. On I love this--well done! Love that you wrote about Lenny as a superhero--how perfect!

    I am really loving all these Lenny Posts! It sure is spreading the cheer across the blogosphere, which is exactly what he would want!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robyn, you have such a rich voice for children! I love this:)

    I'm heading over to meet Lenny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I read a story like that I always wish I was a child again!
    Thank you Robyn and Super Lenny for bringing the sunshine to my part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Robyn, this is so fun! Rocky is great! And I love that you were all riding horses in the middle of the night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved reading about Super Lenny and Rocky. And strawberry shortcake and apple pie...yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super job, Robyn! I love Super Lenny!!! You are right, he does save the day for me too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great story! I can just picture reading this to children and seeing the delight in their eyes! It brought delight to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super Lenny certainly does have the gift! What a delightful story! I'm sure Lenny will LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Robyn, I love this story so much, I'm laughing and feeling happy and smiling. I love it that Rocky doesn't have to worry about clothes and has to use a calculator all the time. What an awesome duo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snicker, snort ... "Rocky didn't have this problem ..." Wonderful story -- and I know Lenny would never let too many lemon tarts from stopping his spread of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Super Lenny story...what a beautiful, wonderful idea! Great post, Robyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go Super Lenny! Great story!

    I did stop over and visit Lenny, it is true he spreads super sunshine!

    Happy Night!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lenny is such a ray of light. What a great post Robyn! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved it! The jammies, the calculator, the sunshine... I agree with everyone. You have a wonderful children's voice.
    I will check out Lenny's world too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh!!! Robyn, I get it now, what an awesome place Lenny's world is! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you everyone. Lenny is the bestest guy in this entire blogosphere. <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Super Lenny had the gift" - so true! I love your story, and Lenny will too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a fun story. Loved it. :) I'm now following Lenny.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Count me in, too! I loved it! This is so terrific Robyn! Lenny's a lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful! What great fun! :) Will hop over to Lenny's now.

    Thanks amigo!
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved this story, Lenny is soo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How sweet! I bet he's smiling. :D


    Btw, I'm holding an MC Blogfest in Jeannie's honor! Drop by and join us, please! <3

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  31. CONTEST.......My blog Amish Stories is having its first ever contest this week. The First prize winner will win 2 tickets to tour the farm where the 1985 move "Witness" staring Harrison Ford and Kelly Mcgillis was made in Strasburg,Pa . This farm is now Amish owned, and the family has given permission for folks to tour their farm. This may be the last time anyone will be able to walk and see the same things that Harrison Ford and the other actors saw during the making of "Witness". The Witness tour should last about 2.5 hours. In addition to the Witness farm tour tickets, 1st prize winner will also receive 2 tickets for Jacobs choice. There will also be a 2nd place prize, which will be 2 tickets for the Amish Homestead. Please go to My blog www.AmishStorys.com for contest details, and more information on the prizes. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon county.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hahahaa! I loved the line about the pajamas. Adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're a pro, Robyn! I'm sure Lenny loved it. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)