Friday, April 20, 2012

Perfect Picture Book Friday :-)

I Like Myself

written by Karen BeaumontCatrowHarcourt Children's Books (May 1, 2004)

:Ages 4 and up

 Theme:

Self-esteem

Opening:

I like myself!

I'm glad I'm me.

There's no one else I'd rather be.

I like my eyes, my ears, my nose.

I like my fingers and my toes.

Synopsis:

High on energy and imagination, this ode to self-esteem encourages kids to appreciate everything about themselves--inside and out. Messy hair? Beaver breath? So what! Here's a little girl who knows what really matters.
At once silly and serious, Karen Beaumont's joyous rhyming text and David Catrow's wild illustrations unite in a book that is sassy, soulful--and straight from the heart.

Why I loved it: 

 Beautiful rhyme, funny illustrations from Catrow who is a political cartoonist make this book so much fun to read. It teaches self respect. Something everyone needs to have. AWESOME! BODACIOUS! Truly wonderful story.

Resource:

Great website for kids with games and activities. Click here!

Please check out my pal Susanna Leonard Hill to see more wonderful picture books.

12 comments:

  1. I think books that teach about self-esteem in a fun way are great books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books on self esteem are sorely needed with all the pressures kids face today. Thank you for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the positive, high energy books! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love positive fun books that encourage self-esteem and this one looks wonderful! Thanks, Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an upbeat, positive, feel-good sounding book. Lovely choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to help children believe in themselves. Great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the illustrations! Great choice to help children appreciate themselves and develop confidence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an fun book with a powerful message. Love your choice Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely message and wow, I love that zanny cover colour! what a neat book thanks Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like and sounds like a wonderful book for kids. I hope lots of teachers add this to their classroom book collections. I also hope parents buy this book for their kids. A child's self esteem should be built up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter used to like this book when she was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a great PB. I love rhyming books.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)