Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How long does it take you to completely finish your revisions? I ask this question, because I'm in revisions as y'all know, and I wondered if I could win the, slower than a slug, award. I heard a writer once say, he was finished within three months with all of it. He started submitting within six months of actually starting his book. That was on his first YA novel. He now has eight or ten published and several more coming out every year from now until the end of time.

I started mine for NANO-2008. I started revising before I was finished with the first draft. It seems to me that I should be DONE already!! Alas, I'm not. I still have chapters that haven't been touched by revision yet. Probably by Easter week I will have all chapters revised at least once. But that's almost five months from the day I started writing and I'll be no where near finished revising.

Am I slower than a slug??

4 comments:

  1. Ugh. I don't know. I never know. I am still not 100% sure The Amnesia Door was done!!!

    ...so, once you do finish revising...you're going to start something new, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH, I already know and I can't wait. Remember, I ran it by you at a meeting a few months back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most definitely not slower than a slug. I came up with the idea for my current WIP last August and I'm just now saying that I'm done with the rough draft. You're going faster than me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, I'm not slower than a slug!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)