Sunday, April 5, 2009

I just discovered Document Map in word. I love this new found friend, but I'm wondering if I'm the only person in the world that didn't know of its existence.

It is so cool, no more scrolling through your entire manuscript to find a certain page. You simply click on view, then click Document Map and your chapter numbers appear on the left side. Say you wanted to go to chapter twelve--no scrolling through, just click on chapter twelve and it takes you to chapter twelve.

Seriously, I AM the only one who didn't know about this, aren't I? Well, it's official now, the WHOLE world knows about this little gem. Give or take a few.

I know there are folks out there that swear by Word Perfect. I like Word, it does what I tell it to and that's good enough for me.

I'm wondering why no one told me about it before. Hmmm

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Document Map! I blogged about how I now use that and the track changes feature to help my writing back in January. (http://willows-inner-thoughts.blogspot.com/2009/01/being-sick-sucks.html - mentioned after my whining rant about being sick, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Willow, I'm going to read it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa--I didn't know that existed! Sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya mean I'm NOT the only one? You were the last? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)