Sunday, April 19, 2009

I hope y'all kept up with queryday on Twitter. I like the name queryday much better. Queryfail doesn't have the same sound that queryday has. It was eye-opening that's for sure. I learned a few things, but there's one thing I'm still stumped on. Should we single space or double space our queries? I feel that is important. I think that agents eyes are so tired that double spacing would be the way to go. You know, easier to read. But I saw where some said you should always single space. It's not going to say on their web site, so how do we know, and does it matter? If they want to read your manuscript, they want to read it no matter how many spaces, right?

I want to be as professional as I can in my querying. So how do y'all answer this? I read where little things like this, has stopped them from requesting to read the full manuscript. And the most important way to not land an agent is the failure to follow directions. So what do you do? And is it important? Thanks for reading. :)

5 comments:

  1. I single space :) Since it's a letter, I think it looks more professional that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth. I just was thinking about their tired eyes! Their tired, precious eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I understand! (PS, I nominated you for an award on my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Single space your query letter. Double space the manuscript.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering a question that has bothered me for soooo long! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)