Friday, June 12, 2009

Shakes Fists At Storms Part Two, or could be titled, I Could NOT Make This Up!

Grr! Yes, it happened again last night. Another storm, another late afternoon and night with NO internet. I think God is preparing me for Unplug Week. Yeah, that's gotta be it. I went through those same withdrawal symptoms. Fatigue, nausea, shaking, headache, and general, "how will I get through this night?" feelings, but then I woke up to a BRIGHT, HAPPY, day. I had internet. YAY! So that is why I never commented to your comments. It was, oh so dreary. Oh so danged dreary. *shiver*

On to other, brighter, happier things. My site will be up next week. There was a problem transferring my domain name,*shakes fists at transfers of any kind* but that has been taken care of and now I can relax. Ahhhh. So by the end of next week my site will be up and lookin' good. Can't wait for y'all to see it. And of course I won't be able to post that it's up because I'll be unplugged. Hmmm, must remember to schedule a post and to remind folks I scheduled it and didn't break any unplug week rules. The life of a writer. Hope some of you are joining us for unplug week. I have hospital visits scheduled for my son next week and Beth and I are meeting on Wednesday, but other than that I should be able to get some writing done. Sheesh. :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Robyn. You have the internet shut-down curse! Good luck with unplug week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know, I do have that. :( Thanks and good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had the same problems--life without the Internet is heck! :p

    *squee* for your site!

    Did you design it or have someone else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danyelle, my youngest son designed it. He majored in this and I can't wait for everyone to see it. He is just starting out, but very talented. YAY! Are you doing unplug week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unplug week has me SUPER excited! I won't be unplugging, just not blogging. I can't quit cold turkey, and I need the Internet for research. Excuses excuses, I know!

    Yeah, storms are getting to me too. I want some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on unplugged week. No internet is no fun. I found myself writing with pen and paper following hurricane Ike when we had no power for the longest time. Definitely something I should do more often.

    have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for your son! I really can't wait to see your site. :D

    Unplugging? I really, really want to, but I can't. I love blogging and finding out about all of you too much. Perhaps they have a twelve-step program somewhere. ;-) But I am cutting back on how much I blog. This has actually been very nice. Not so much pressure. :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)