Friday, April 6, 2012

F Stands For...

fable! (Or could be called my feeble, fumbling, futile, fusty, fuzzy attempt at fable)

Spider watched Ant carry his heavy load along the window ledge. 
"Come and rest your heavy load in my web," The cunning spider said.

The cautious ant who had no time for the spider's games replied, "No thank you Spider. I can haul ten times this weight without getting tired. But I would ask you to show me how you spin such a grand web as this."
The spider who loved to brag, began to weave through his web, becoming tangled in his own deceit. 
He turned to Ant and said, "This is my fault. I tried my devilish deception to trap you, for I am hungry, but it is you who tricked me."
*Robyn ducks, expecting the crowd to throw bottles and banana peelings her way*

Click here for more A to Z posts!

19 comments:

  1. I love your fable! Looks like Ant had both brains AND brawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can spiders actually become tangled in their own webs-deceptive or otherwise?

    This made me laugh, Robyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, only a gentle bottle at the most :) Very cute...I really like fables and enjoy teaching them to my students.
    Great F word Robyn...Have a Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to duck. No flying bottles here. I thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you familiar with the poem The Spider and the Fly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back when I was teaching, I used to love covering fables to my students. At the end, I had them write their own fables. One time a student wrote out an episode of Ren and Stimpy. Unfortunately for him, I'd seen that episode... otherwise, it would've been a very good fable. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! No banana peels or bottles from me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny, and clever! Nice post. From a fellow A-Z blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will only throw confetti at your lovely fable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this your fable?? Call me duly impressed! I will be sharing this with my kids.

    Alana @ writercize.blogspot.com
    Found you through A to Z!
    Will be following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute and clever as always. Fantastic for "F"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robyn .. good tale and fable - as Bob says the formic acid sting - and brains and brawn .. clever little critter .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  13. No bottles and cans! No rotten tomatoes either :) This is fun and clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked it. He was tangled in his own deceipt. Very clever. I love a good fable.

    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)