Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Stands For...

  


 imagine! Today we feature a talk between Imagine and Real. (A little background here) Imagine is happily singing a song about tiptoeing through the tulips or something like that. Real is making a choking motion as he listens to Imagine. 
"How can you sing that disturbing song?" Real has his tongue out, like he's about to, well you know. (He's just pretending)
"I love that song, Real. You need to cut loose and think about all the things your life can become."
"Get Real!" Real smirks as he walks toward Imagine.
"You'd be much happier and your writer could finally build bodacious worlds for her readers to travel through, if you would just let go."
"Let go? I can't do that. I have to keep my writer and me in the R-E-A-L world, bub. There is no such thing as a fairy tale ending and world building for my writer. How many times do I have to tell you? She writes non-fiction." 
Our words have the power peeps. No matter what we write. We create kings and queens. Planets and stars. Just imagine...



                                                                             

15 comments:

  1. Oh! Good dialogue between Imagine and Real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with imagination here. In fiction, we use our imagination to speak a truth. I have to go find that quote about fiction and truth. They could argue too.

    "Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Robyn. What a fun dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine and I are good friends :) Real can be a little too... real sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imagine wins out every time, although Real pops in once a while to make me second guess myself. He needs to be squashed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason I am reminded of The Little Prince.
    Antoine St. Exupery said something about grown-ups not being able to imagine a brick house with window boxes- unless they were told it cost one-hundred thousand dollars... and that children needed to have patience with them because they couldn't help it... probably better to look it up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Real and Imagine should debate more often. They're funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagine wins out until you get to the editors! Real has to be there to keep the story just grounded enough to be believable. Love the dialogue. It reminds me of the "voices" in my head that argue over plot, action, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is clever... and cute!
    My I-post is along similar lines...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Robyn! Cute post for the letter I. Have an awesome day!

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note! :)